07 April 2009

The sun will come out tomorrow

"Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun!" – Annie

DSC_2732

The forecast is looking great ... unless, of course, if you are a snowman. It was 44°F today and will be partly sunny and in the mid 40s again tomorrow. By Saturday it's supposed to be 54! Wowie zowie. That sounds like great Easter weather.

So how's that snow coming along, you ask?

DSC_2727
This was our side yard at 5:30 p.m. today. Yes, I managed to save a few sandbags. I'm the paranoid type.

DSC_2734
And the back yard. Look, there is grass peeking though. It's brown grass, but at this point, I'll take anything that's not white and wet.

DSC_2722
I spy some green! This is snow on the mountain - it's super hearty and makes a great ground cover.

before after
In case you're a visual learner like me, here's a little comparison of today's snow level with April 2. Lots of the snow melted but we still have a long way to go.

1 comment:

Don said...

Looks like, from my calculations, it will be May 2nd before all the snow has melted.