30 April 2009

A good movie

This week Corey and I watched (rented on DVD) "Henry Poole is Here." 

In short - it's one of my new favorite movies. 

What is is about, you ask? According to imdb.com, "Henry Poole moves in to a house in his old neighborhood, to spend what he believes are his remaining days alone. The discovery of a 'miracle' by a nosy neighbor ruptures his solitude and restores his faith in life." It stars Luke Wilson, as Henry Poole. 

I am impressed with the timeless "gotta have faith" message in the film. It's touching and empowering without being overbearing or cheesy. The cover doesn't do it any justice, so don't judge it by that. 

Have you seen it? What did you think?

Oh and it's rated PG, so it's great for the whole family.

1 comment:

Stephanie D said...

Just added that to my netflix queue.

Sounds similar to "My Life as a House", but I think that one was probably rated R.