11 May 2009

Quilt-a-long: two weeks down

DSC_3339 copy
The one-a-day, 9-patch, quilt-a-long is two weeks old already ...

DSC_3338 copy
... and somehow I've managed to keep up! I think my red/green Christmas quilt will be pretty darn cute when it's completed. I'm still planning to sash each block in white. We'll continue to make one block a day until mid-summer, when we'll each have enough for a quilt top.

DSC_3345
My Amy Butler Barcelona Skirt is finished ... and it fits great. I'm going to wear it and take photos of it on me tomorrow (so check back Tuesday for photos). I made a small substitution to the pattern - button and elastic loop for hook/eye closure. Walmart didn't have any hook/eyes so I made do with what I had at home. I actually like the little red accent - it was one of my Great Grandma Dolly's vintage buttons and I'll think of her whenever I wear it. Grandma Dolly always wore red, so it's pretty special that I have a red button on my new favorite skirt.

It feels very fancy to have the lining on the skirt. I almost left it off but I'm really glad I included it. I used Joann's (super affordable) quilters cotton for the lining and it's surprisingly soft on my skin.

4 comments:

ReNay said...

Grandma Dolly would love the skirt!
Mom

Stephanie D said...

I've never made a lined skirt before--was it difficult? It's cute!

Cheryl Arkison said...

That quilt will be wonderful, such a good plan for it.

I looked at that pattern this weekend and thought of you. But the hidden zipper - any kind of zipper - scares me.

Bison Girl said...

The skirt was super easy - lining, invisible zipper and all! Seriously, the zipper was a piece of cake. Maybe I should post a how-to? hmm ... I'll have to look into doing that when I make skirt #2.

Thanks for all the kind complements!