05 May 2009

My search for a new skirt landed me at the quilting store

I've been looking for a new skirt (or two) for work and summer weekends and I've had a very hard time finding one that I like. I did some research and pleasantly found this pattern by Amy Butler. Lucky for me they happen to sell it at the Bismarck Sewing and Quilting Store (off State Street, near KMart and Grand Cinemas).

DSC_3279
After work today I ventured to the store and bought the pattern.

I couldn't leave without buying fabric for a skirt ... or two.

DSC_3273
I bought this fabric for the skirt pictured on the front - the layered/frayed a-line skirt.

DSC_3277
And I bought this fabric for a skirt like the one on the front, but not layered - so it'll just be a simple a-line skirt (pattern also included with this Amy Butler set). I love the vintage look of this fabric.

DSC_3268
Upon returning home I noticed some of my tulips are finally blooming. I couldn't help by cut a few and put them in a vase on our kitchen table. 

DSC_3272
Also this evening Corey and I attended the Cinco de Mayo party hosted by the Bismarck-Mandan Young Professionals Network (YPN). Corey and I met through the network so we really enjoy getting together with them. I was quite honored (and very surprised) to receive the Pioneer Award for my time served as the Webmaster for the YPN. Such fun!

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

4 comments:

Cheryl Arkison said...

I've debated that pattern myself, I'm curious to see how yours turns out.

Anonymous said...

erica- Congratulations on your pioneer award ! your have so many talents and I enjoy checking Bison Girl everyday to see what's happening in your and Coreys life. Keep having fun!! Love Grandma Rene373737

Anonymous said...

That materials is cute :)n Can't wait to see how it turns out. -Brandi

Anonymous said...

Make me a skirt too! J.