10 May 2009

Our weekend in Kenmare

Corey and I spent the weekend with his family in Kenmare, ND (Corey's hometown). Kenmare is really close to the Canadian border ... about three hours north of Bismarck, ND. We had a great laid-back weekend of fun. Here is a little photo journey of our trip.

DSC_3295
Corey's dad's new weather vane ... I think it forecasted snow.

DSC_3289
Yep. Bummer. It snowed Saturday morning. This was not one of the more enjoyable moments of the weekend. Ha.

DSC_3293
Maria and I tried our luck at scaring away (or killing) the blackbirds. Not much luck.

DSC_3300
Since the weather wasn't great, we did our best to get their original Nintendo Entertainment System working. We got it operating long enough to play a few rounds of Super Mario Brothers. Such fun! 

DSC_3306
Maria gave me a tour of the Kenmare movie theater. It has one movie screen and a really creepy basement.

DSC_3314
Kenmare's signature dessert: the white buffalo. It's chocolate ice cream, marshmallow and peanuts. Delicious!

DSC_3316
More indoor activities ... Maria and I made some fabric bracelets by wrapping (and gluing) some of my quilt scraps around cheap bangle bracelets. Just the right springtime accessory.

DSC_3318
Corey and I got to sleep under this beautiful quilt. I was oohing over the beautiful 9-patches. And look at all that lovely white. I love all the vintage florals.

DSC_3320
I had to take a photo of this well-loved 9-patch. This one is neat because of the use of solids on each block. It really adds a great look to it. Oh and I can't get enough of the polka dots. Lovely.

DSC_3332
On our way back to Bismarck we stopped at this little charm of a gas station to meet up with one of Corey's friends. It's the only gas station in Donnybrook, ND. With one pump and very limited hours. Kinda cute, right? I thought so.

No comments: