14 May 2009

the plot thickens

Today on my way home from work my doctor's office called. They were wondering if I was notified by the State Health Department yet. I said no. They asked how I was feeling. I said pretty good - just a cough and some congestion. They said "oh well that's good because your second test came back and tested positive for Influenza A, specifically, a non-human strain." This leads them to believe that I had/have the H1N1 virus (the Swine Flu). 

The good news is that since I'm feeling good and don't have a fever, I'm no longer contagious and can be out in public (yay!). The bad news is that I would have been contagious last Thursday and Friday, May 7-8.

My third test will now be examined by the CDC. I am officially the second "probable" case of the H1N1 virus in Burleigh County. For the record, the CDC released today that the person I possibly had contact with, did, in fact have the H1N1 virus.

Do I get an "I survived" T-shirt?

I'll be sure to update you all when I hear back from the CDC with my final test results.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Your Dr. is so cautious. About a week after all this first started the kids and I all had fevers and our office just said that the test is so invasive that it would not be worth it to test us because it was just turning out to be a very contagious regular flu. They just had us stay inside and said to call if our fevers got high.

At the time I was annoyed because I wanted to know, but we were all fine like the next day and I was so happy they didn't have to stick anything up our noses.

Hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Making out in the pig barn back in Kenmare or what?

Cheryl Arkison said...

Oh, that sucks. Hope all ends well. Glad to hear that you are at least feeling well. Good call on spending all that time sewing!