05 January 2009

It's winter in North Dakota

DSC_0287

Right about this time of the year, the rest of the nation gets geared up for the longer days, warmer sun, greener grass, and blooming flowers that spring brings. Well, here in North Dakota we're still deep in the belly of winter ... for another three to four months.

My boss sent this little poem to me last week. It made me giggle. 
I really do love North Dakota. I also love the fact my nose is frozen shut.

---
It's winter in North Dakota

And the gentle breezes blow

Seventy miles an hour

At twenty-five below

Oh, how I love North Dakota

When the snow's up to your butt

You take a breath of winter

And your nose gets frozen shut

Yes, the weather here is wonderful

So I guess I'll hang around

I could never leave North Dakota

'Cause I'm frozen to the ground

---
If you are in the mood for more North Dakota fun ... check out this song. Just click play to hear "If You're Gonna' Play in Fargo (You Better Have a Shovel in the Van)." 

Haha hoo he ha.
... So funny I think I just defrosted my frozen nose.

Hope you all are enjoying your weather wherever you are.

*Sorry about the recycled photo. It's too darn cold to go outside to take a new one.

No comments: