21 January 2010

Bed skirt for the crib

DSC_5927
I made a bed skirt! In looking for crib bedding I didn't find a bed skirt I liked, so I set out to make one. Have you ever shopped for a crib skirt? Besides being very "loud" prints, they don't even touch the floor – what's the point in a bed skirt that doesn't touch the floor?!

Thanks to this tutorial from stardustshoes, I made my own bed skirt. The stardust blog is a great resource for tutorials - I got the baby booties tutorial there too.

DSC_5928
I had to make a few modifications to make it work with a crib (especially one that has it's longest side against a wall, but it was quite easy. If you tackle this project - remember to measure twice and cut once!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Yay, you! It looks so great!!!

Jessica said...

remember that you will have to lower the crib when she can pull to standing. You might want to think about getting/making a shorter one for when that day comes. (I think that's the reason that crib skirts come so short).

Jessica said...

ps I love it!