02 June 2009

Colorful crosses

DSC_3667
This week I finished the colorful crosses painting.

six crosses finished
Ever since I finished the "Six Crosses" quilt, I've been rather preoccupied with crosses. The shape is so simple and it's easy to work with. Yet, the cross represents a huge amount of meaning. It's fascinating. 

So this painting is probably one of many cross paintings I will do. I may even make another cross quilt or two. I really like this one and this one and this one.

The method of painting I used is something I learned in art class during my first year of college at the Santa Rosa Junior College in Santa Rosa, CA. It's not too complicated – it's just repeating a simple design or shape over and over (and over and over ...). I like the effect it gives. It's also interesting to do it with just black and white or black, white and one color. 

Oh I have so many projects I would like to do ...

No comments: