01 December 2008

Our tree has a skirt.

Quilted tree skirt completed
This evening I put the finishing touches on the tree skirt. It's so darn stinking cute - I just love how it looks under our tree. I had so much fun making it and using many of my scraps in the process. It is fun looking at the pieces of red and green fabric and remembering which quilt I used it in and how long ago it was. Some of the fabric I used in high school. The binding (tiny outer border) red dotted fabric was used for the backing of Jesse and Megan's wedding quilt just a few months ago. 

Here's a close up of the stitching ... I'm still learning how to stipple (free motion curvy designed) quilt, so this is by no means perfect.
Quilted tree skirt detail

Recognize the red dotted fabric?
Red Sox / MN Twins Quilt

How about some red plaid fabric (also from Jesse and Megan's wedding quilt)?
Red Sox / MN Twins Quilt

No comments: