05 December 2008

I don't know where to start.

I have been away from blogging for a few days and I have so much to catch up on I don't know where to start.

I'll start with today.

Today, the University of Mary (where I work) announced the next president of the university to be Father James Shea. At 33 years old, he is believed to be the youngest university president in the America. The last time the university announced a new president, was a full THREE YEARS before I was born. Wow! I'm considering this a once in a lifetime (so far) event. Such exciting times, indeed! check out the Bismarck Tribune story here.

Also today (this evening), Corey and I and two friends of ours are going to see A Christmas Story at the Dakota Stage here is Bismarck. I'll post a review after the show but I'm almost positive it will provide lots of laughs - how could it not?!

In other "show" news, Corey and I are going to see The Nutcracker ballet one week from today. Neither of us have ever seen the show (and I've never seen a ballet!) and we're both really looking forward to it.

Lots of baby news! Congratulations to Josh and Renee and their new baby boy born this week (they are now a very adorable family of five). My good high school buddy Jessica is due in just seven days with their second child, and I wish her and her family all the best with the delivery. My cousin Gina is also due any day with their second. Wow, such fun news. I can't wait to see baby photos!

We've got most of our Christmas shopping done and I went on a gift wrapping marathon last night, so most of the gifts are wrapped and under the tree. I just love this time of year. Speaking of that - we keep getting an inch or so of snow about every day, so it's definitely looking wintery and white here. And it has gotten quite chilly - only about 12 this morning.

I know there is more to write but it will have to wait ... we're off to the show ...

No comments: