03 February 2009

Back in business

paperwhite flowers
It's a good day. The paper white bulb flower is blooming. My computer is updated (and working!). And the weather will be above freezing tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it. 

paperwhite flowers 2
In case you don't have experience with them, paper white flowers stink. I mean really stink. So, although I'm happy to see flowers in the dead of winter – the smell is a bit yucky. But, the view outweighs the smell, so here they will stay.

As for the new computer software ... I'm a lifetime Apple computer user. Yep. I'm a nerd.

dad, erica, apple
This is my dad and I ... way back in 1983 'ish. I was about one year old. Not much has changed! I still get very excited when I get new software for my computer. This time it was Mac OS X Leopard and the new iLife and iWork '09. Awesome stuff. Thanks dad :)

Since this was a big update and I ran into a small e-mail snag, my computer was out of commission for a few days ... I was so preoccupied with my new "toys," I didn't have a chance to update my blog. Good news – I'm back in business and with new tools!

DSC_2247
In my never-ending quest to use up my frozen raspberries, I made raspberry muffins Sunday. They are very good. Since they are pink, they are perfect for Valentine's day! Get the recipe here

No comments: