09 September 2009

oooh baby!

Wondering why I've been a slacker blogger lately?

The short story: I've been sick and tired.
The whole story: I'm pregnant!
We're due April 1, 2010. I'm 11 weeks along, as of today. Corey and I are so excited!

We recently visited friends and family in Montana ...

DSC_5110
and while there I did a bit of fabric shopping ... these are from in Kalispell and Whitefish, MT.

DSC_5113
These two are from Big Fork, MT ... I'm thinking they'd make a nice backing for this quilt.

DSC_5114
I couldn't pass this up. Also from Big Fork, MT.

DSC_5112
For the first time in my life, I shopped for baby fabric - for myself! It was such a neat experience. I had a plan for these flannel fat quarters. From Kalispell, MT.

DSC_5118
Baby bibs!
Thanks to our friends Marty and Kelly for letting me trace their baby's bib for a pattern. These are so fun to make and they're super soft. Made of 100 percent cotton flannel, reversible, and secured with soft velcro, they are just too cute for words. I added a little ric-rac/ribbon tag on the side, just for fun.

8 comments:

Nichole said...

congratulations! i hope you're starting to feel better! :)

Kirstin said...

Nice fabric--and I love the bib idea! I have big plans to hit up quilt shops in Kalispell and Whitefish too. They're among closest American major centers to us, and fabric is way cheaper in the States than here... Looking forward to hearing about the projects that come from your purchases!

Anonymous said...

I can't wai to see the quilt you make for your baby! How exciting!

sheepeez said...

Congratulations! The bibs are super cute and look so cuddly. We have some babies expected in my family..I'll have to try making some.
Also, the bison pictures are amazing! I just found your blog and really enjoy it, though I can't believe you don't like chocolate! (your profile)

Stacy Redd said...

Congratulations, Erica. That's great news. Your baby is going to have the cutest stuff ever.

Linds said...

Don't know where I've been, but Congratulations! You two will be such great parents. You continue to amaze me with your creative projects. Miss you guys!

Linds said...

Don't know where I've been, but Congratulations. You will be such great parents. Your creativity still impresses me. Love reading your blog.

Doreen Baros said...

Oh boy! Congratulations! Enjoy every moment of it. Babies are so cuddly. I love the fabrics you're showing from MT, too.

Doreen