14 July 2009

Lots of green

DSC_4514
My little green plumbs are getting larger. I think I have four. Doesn't seem like much but compared to not having any in the past years, I'm very excited about them.

DSC_4518
The hydrangea is blooming and has the prettiest dark green leaves (and wow, such beautiful purple and blue flowers).

DSC_4538
Last night my mom treated us to "taco truck" tacos. Complete with homemade guacamole. Here are the toppings.

DSC_4540
Here is a ready-to-eat "taco truck" taco. If you're not familiar with them, a "taco truck" taco is something that is served in my hometown (and many cities) out of the side of a truck. They are an open-face corn tortilla, topped with meat (beef, pork of chicken), sauteed green onions, cilantro, fresh lime juice, radish, and salsa. Delicious.

DSC_4548
We decided we needed a bit more green ... so my mom and I painted a wall in our living room.

DSC_4554
Here it is completed. I am still amazed at what a difference a gallon of paint makes. We also did some minor furniture moving, but didn't purchase anything new. Sorry for the crooked photo, it was the only way I could include my favorites in the room.

1 comment:

jacquie said...

it's amazing what a little paint will do!!! love the green.