17 August 2009

Turning a skirt into a clothespin bag

This summer we installed a retractable clothes line in our backyard. With every clothes line comes a need for clothespins and a laundry basket. I quickly discovered that loose clothespins in a laundry basket equals lost clothes pins (they fell out of the holes in the laundry basket and hid in the laundry).

I was in dire need of a container or bag to hold my clothespins.
I also happened to have a too small and mustard-stained skirt to dispose of.

Combine the two and viola.

DSC_4866
Clothespin bag from old skirt!

I cut the skirt at the back seam so it was one long rectangular piece of fabric. I cut a rectangular shape along the bottom hem, keeping the hem intact (the turquoise and green ribbon). I sewed (right sides together) along the bottom and right side of bag. Then ironed flat. Done. Super fast and easy.

DSC_4867
Now my clothes pins are tidy and happy (and very cute).

No comments: